More helpful things to follow:
1. No discussion of any illegal activity or threats of violence.
2. No use of explicit, obscene or vulgar language or images and/or messages, including racist remarks.
3. No posts that attack, insult, "flame", defame, or abuse members or non-members. Respect other members of the community and don’t belittle, make fun off, or insult another member or non-member. "Flaming" and insults will not be tolerated. Agree to disagree.
4. No advertising or links to advertising or "Spam" is permited (including signatures).
* Advertising or Spam is defined as posting a link for the purpose of selling, soliciting or promoting by someone that has ownership or other "vested interest" to the web site involved, including efforts to promote other online forums or web sites by web site owners.
* If you are a web site owner and have a link that fits into this category that you want to share, please submit it to our resource directory and we will review your submission.
* Posts and links about fundraising (including nonprofit fundraisers) are NOT permitted.
* Only links to personal home pages are allowed in signatures and member profiles. Links must be appropriate and abide by rules #1-4 or they will be removed.
* Links to helpful web sites (commercial or otherwise) are allowed when they are posted by someone without any "vested interest" AND whose purpose is NOT to solicit, advertise, promote, fundraise, etc.
6. No links to any web site or use of any username that fits into rules # 1-4 above.
7. No use of multiple usernames. Please register and use only one username for the forums. Posting under multiple user accounts will result in administrative action (ie. banning).
8. No posts of copyrighted material. Information copyrighted or owned by any individual or entity other than the person posting should not be posted on the message boards without the consent of the owner.
12. If it shouldn’t be viewed by minors, then it shouldn’t be posted to the forums or chat rooms. This is a public, family-friendly forum. In addition, if something would not be considered “work safe” (to a boss or co-worker), then it shouldn’t be posted.
13. Do not disrespect moderators. Be respectful in both the forums and any private communications with moderators. Moderators are volunteers that donate many, many hours of their own time to help in the forums and chat rooms. Violations of this rule will not be tolerated.
14. No SHOUTING. Remember, using ALL CAPITAL LETTERS in posts is considered yelling and rude, plus it is difficult to read.
15. Do not post offline personal contact information (ie. your home address, phone numbers etc.) and do not ask for personal information from others. Modify your member profile to set privacy settings for your account. Use of full names (your first and last name) is allowed but strongly discouraged. This is to protect your security and identity.
16. No duplicate posts. To delete accidental duplicate posts, login first, then open the message you want to delete, then select the Delete Post button (VIEW IMAGE) on the top right hand corner of the message box.
17. No irrelevant or off-topic posts (in non-off topic forums). Posts which are not relevant to the forum topic may be deleted at the moderator's discretion.
18. No lengthy signatures. Limit signatures to 10 lines or less. Moderators will edit and/or remove signatures that are too long.
parts borrowed from http://www.healingwell.com/community/default.aspx?f=46&m=106997